ASHLEY D. ADAMS
has extensive federal and state bench and jury trial experience. While an Assistant United States Attorney in the District of Arizona, Ms. Adams was the Affirmative Civil Enforcement Deputy and a member of the Department of Justice’s Health Care Fraud Task Force which investigated alleged frauds perpetrated by and against health care practitioners and hospitals. In private practice, Ms. Adams has represented various health care clients including hospitals, physicians, pharmacies, and other health care providers. She has also represented various clients who have been accused of various white collar crimes, violent crimes, theft, drug trafficking, money laundering, prostitution, gambling, and other crimes charged under both state and federal law. At Ashley Adams, PLC, each client receives personal attention and aggressive representation. We practice excellence, one client at a time.
Practiced in the areas of white collar criminal defense, governmental investigations, quasi-governmental investigations, administrative securities matters, corporate internal investigations, and complex civil litigation. Obtained a large verdict following a jury trial in a discrimination case which arose out of the clients’ dispute with their Home Owner’s Association.
THE PHOENIX LAW GROUP OF FELDMAN, BROWN, WALA, HALL & AGENA, Phoenix, AZ. Member, February 2005 to July of 2007
Practiced in the areas of white collar criminal defense, governmental investigations, quasi-governmental investigations (BOMEX and nursing board), administrative securities matter, corporate internal investigations, and complex civil litigation.
UNITED STATES ATTORNEY’S OFFICE, Phoenix, AZ. Assistant United States Attorney, June 1999 – January 2005
Prosecuted False Claims Act matters including health care and defense procurement fraud and well as fee fraud in National Parks and Forests. Obtained the largest recorded settlement for the District of Arizona against Boeing/McDonnell Douglas in a False Claim Act case. Prosecuted white collar crime matters including tax evasion and tax fraud, investment fraud, and securities fraud. First chaired two complex criminal health care fraud trials.
O’CONNOR, CAVANAGH, ANDERSON, KILLINGSWORTH & BESHEARS, Phoenix, AZ. Member, December 1996 – June 1999; Associate, September 1991 – December 1996
Practiced in the area of insurance defense, commercial litigation, and Indian law litigation.
- Best Lawyers, White Collar Criminal Defense, 2010 & 2011
- Phoenix Business Journal, Forty Under Forty Award, 2006
- American Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Criminal Justice Section Member
- American Bar Association Criminal Justice Section, Health Care Fraud Subcommittee Member
- Speaker-American Bar Association Annual Meeting, Criminal Justice Section, Health Care Fraud Update-August, 2011, Toronto, CA
- Co-Chair, American Bar Association Southwest Region White Collar Crime Committee, 2009-present
- Co-Chair, White Collar Crime Update 2010-2011-Arizona State Bar
- Speaker, White Collar Crime Update 2008-2009-Arizona State Bar
- Speaker, FCA/Qui Tam Litigation Update, San Francisco, CA, 2009
- Speaker, CLE by the Sea
- Cambridge's Who's Who 2010-2011
- Better Business Bureau Accredited Law Firm
- Arizona Attorneys for Criminal Justice Member
- Adjunct Professor at Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law
- Criminal Justice Act Panel Member-representing indigent defendants
- Columnist, So Scottsdale
- Columnist, Scottsdale Health
- University of Oklahoma Alumni Association
- Fiesta Bowl Committee Member and Coach 2002-2009
- Fiesta Bowl, Rookie of the Year Award, 2002
- Head Soccer Coach for Scottsdale Soccer Youth Association-girls 9-10
- Founder of “Maddie’s Daddy” Charitable Foundation
As a result of her dedication to excellence in criminal defense, Attorney Ashley D. Adams has distinguished herself as one of Arizona's most highly sought-after defense lawyers. As demonstrated through her academic achievements, service to her community and her defense of her clients' rights, she may be the right attorney to guide you through any legal challenges that you are facing.